Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just a bit excited...

To say I am excited would be an understatement.  I have previously mentioned I have been looking into gastric surgery for 10 years now and for a variety of reasons it has never happened.  Now here i am only nine days away from my surgery.  Yes I am somewhat nervous but definitely more excited than nervous.

The fact that my surgery is so close and approaching quick has really began to sink in during  the last week and I am sure it will hit me even more this week.  I ordered and received my post-surgery multi-vitamins and sub-lingual b-12 pills.  We have started cleaning out the fridge and pantry of food I wont be able to eat and that April won't eat.

We also started buying some of the food I will be eating the first week or so, lots of jello, protein shakes, and broth.  We still have some other stuff to buy but we have it planned out and we will be ready for everything by next weekend.

I had my pre-op appointments (my very last appointments before surgery, yay!).  The first one was basically pre-op testing, getting blood and urine samples, and another EKG just to make sure the ticker is good.  Second was an appointment with my surgeon where we covered my medical history again, made sure I knew what I needed to do and bring the days before and of surgery (clear liquid diet, bring my cpap machine, etc)  We also revised his view on what my goal weight should be, he said between 210 and 200 pound goal weight, which seeing as I started this journey with my heaviest weight being 420 I will be loosing at least half of me.  My surgeon also said I can expect to loose my first 100 pounds in 4 months.  That means I should be down by 70 to 80 pounds by the time Evren is born.

My surgeon also wanted to make sure I was planning on taking lots of pictures.  I told him about doing this blog , he thought that was really cool and wanted the link so he could read it too (Hi Dr. Snyder, welcome to my blog!).  I think that is pretty cool.

I had mentioned that during the Holidays I had gained back some of the weight I had lost during the first few months of the 6 month diet.  Well I have lost some of  the weight that I gained back and should be back down to just under 380 by surgery.  While I am doing better at sticking to my diet and I have completely cut out all pop from my diet, I am also taking some time to enjoy some favorites for the last time.

My wonderful wife had me put together a sort of pre-surgery "bucket list" of restaurants back around Christmas and then each weekend we have tried to hit some of those restaurants tomorrow after church we are hitting what will probably end up being the last one off that list.  We are going to The Cheesecake Factory, not sure if we will hit the Downtown one or the Park Meadows one but I am sure it will be good.

I am going to be getting some more pictures posted in the next couple of weeks of how I fit into my current life and of course one last of my front and side comparison shot for comparison.  I will let y'all know as they are posted.

So now we are down to it and it is just a matter of waiting this last week, if the last few weeks are any indication this coming week is going to crawl by.

I have found that a lot of people I did not expect are actually following my blog, which is awesome.  I would like to get a better idea of who all is following so if y'all don't mind I would appreciate it if y'all could sign up as followers of my blog, thanks.

As always thanks to reading and thanks for all the prayers, I really appreciate it.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I've been following! Not entirely sure how to officially follow tho...don't see a link or anything. Im so excited for you! I wish you the best of luck and will keep you in my prayers!
    And will continue to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to click on "join this site" in the top right corner and use one of several social networking sites to log in as a follower.

      Delete
  2. Posted on behalf of my surgeon.

    “I am so excited for you and honored to be a part of the process. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you are letting me help. Please let me know what you need from me and my team and we will be there for you. (I’ll give you my cell number at surgery.) I expect great things from you. You are already starting out incredibly. See you on Monday. I’ll be the bald guy!” –MASnyder, MD

    ReplyDelete