Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Second nutritionist appointment (2 down 4 to go)...

So this will probably be a short post, but I said I would try and do an update after any surgery related appointment.  So here goes…
So I had my second appointment with the dietitian doing my 6 month medically supervised diet.  It went pretty well. The dieticians (they were training a new staffer) were impressed with my weight loss, especially since I had lost 6 pounds in 6 days.   I personally think that is too fast but am also sure that was not true weight loss. My appointment last week was later in the day and I had drank a lot of water that day and had a big yet healthy lunch, yesterday I went in earlier and hadn’t had much of anything to eat or drink yet.  I am guessing 3.5 to 4 pounds actually lost and then a difference in what I had eaten the 2 days.
We went thru what I had been doing diet wise and they thought it sounded great, their only thing they wanted to adjust was adding more protein to my breakfast, should be easy enough to do.
I am also supposed to be making some small changes to how I eat.  You may recall that last time they wanted me to try cutting out milk from my diet and try cutting my food into smaller pieces.  I have almost entirely cut milk from my diet, I still have some on my cereal a couple mornings a week and a glass of milk maybe once a week (for anyone that knows me, this is a significant change).  I have tried cutting the food small, it is just hard to remember, guess that is the point, try and form the habit now so it feels more natural when I have to do it.
The new adjustment starting this month is cutting out pop; this isn’t about the calories or the possible negative effects of artificial sweeteners in diets.  The reason is because of the carbonation and the effect that all the carbonation and extra gases can have on my stomach at the size it is going to be after surgery.  I don’t think this one will be too hard, but we will see.
So that is pretty much it for the appointment. 
I started working out again yesterday after having to take a few weeks off die to a hamstring injury; I jumped on the scale at the gym too (using the gym scale as my weekly baseline scale).  I am down to 393.8 which is a total of 18.6 pounds since I officially started this blog.  
Pretty sure I will cross the first 20 pound mark this week so, as promised, I will get a couple new pictures up this weekend showing the progress so far…so stay tuned.
Thanks again for following me on this journey and thanks for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment