Monday, April 9, 2012

Perseverance (finally) trumps plateau...


     Hi everyone, here is my update for the week.  I really do expect this one to be on the short side (yes I know I have said that before and I have ended up being a bit long-winded but this time I really mean it).

As I am sure you are all aware, I have been battling a really stubborn plateau. Well I am happy to announce that it seems to be over (YAY!!!).  I have finally started loosing again, although somewhat slowly.  That could be due to the fact that I have been doing a lot more lifting during my workouts the last couple of weeks or so although I don't know if just starting lifting a couple of weeks ago would make too much of an impact on the scale yet.

Which brings me to my next topic, the scale.  Ask any doctor,  nutritionist,  personal trainer or anyone who knows much about weight loss and/or psychology and they will tell you that you shouldn't look at the scale more than once a week at the most.  I am REALLY bad at this, and even worse when in the midst of a plateau,  I reached a point where I was anticipating the end of the plateau so much that I was checking the scale almost daily (if not literally daily).

The frustrating thing is I know better.  I know how plateaus work and on top of that I knew I was still doing alright because even though the scale wasn't moving my body was definitely changing.  Now that I am confident that I am finally past this plateau I will have to work on my self control and stay away from the scale except for Monday mornings.

Speaking of Monday mornings, that was today, so I jumped on the scale and it showed 336.2, which was up just a bit from Sunday morning which was 335.6 which I know for you math purists would be rounded up to 336 but I figured it was close enough to 335 to justify some new pics (not the least of which because I wanted to see them too).  So the new pics are up on the pictures page.  I got a lot of comments on the side by side face picture I did last time so I decided to throw together a couple more of them. This time I did my face again and my full body pics facing forward and I did all five update pictures since starting this last summer.  Hope you enjoy 'em.
Look, I have a neck!
I wish I could find the words to describe how great I already feel, it's amazing.  I was at Comfort Dental Amphitheater (Fiddler's Green for you purists out there) in Denver for our church's Easter service. I decided to walk up to the top to see if I could get a good picture of the venue. If I had attempted that last year I would have needed to stop to rest part way and been completely exhausted when I got to the top. Yesterday it was just a nice walk up to the top, not a big deal at all (other than being a really uplifting NSV!)

As y'all know I couldn't do a post here without mentioning my other significant change in my life and that, of course, is the fast approaching birth of my son, Evren.  Well Evren, who had been lying across mommy, using her as a hammock, has decided it was time to turn head down.  We are just entering week 34 so this turn is right on schedule.  Mommy is now getting used to kicks in new areas and pressure on new organs and as I informed her the other day is doing the stereotypical third trimester pregnancy waddle.  We are nearly done with our nursery and are getting quite the the nice stack of diapers (of course we have been told that regardless of the size of the stack we will blow thru them at a rate we can hardly believe).

Well, I think that about does it for this week, hope you enjoy the new pics.  Thanks for reading, and as always thanks for the prayers, thoughts and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment