Monday, July 18, 2011

My Motivation…

So I got married just over a year ago, and I couldn’t be happier.  Only problem is my health is clearly deteriorating and the overarching cause is easy.   I am getting older and my body is breaking down or developing complications from having to carry a lot of extra weight.  I really want to have a LOT of time with my wife and any future children we may have. So I decided to try going to a doctor again, get some of my treatable conditions treated and float the idea of gastric bypass.
I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, and, after a sleep study, with obstructive sleep apnea. I mentioned gastric bypass and finally hallelujah, she says she thinks it is a great idea (I had tried it before with other doctors and they had been against it).  I knew from my research that some insurance plans specifically exclude these procedures and others allow it but with clear guidelines and a process to go thru first. I checked mine and was covered but required, among other things, six moths medically supervised diet and a psych eval, they also require that they be contacted before proceeding and tracking your progress.
I contacted my insurance and got the ball rolling.
My insurance requires that the surgery be done at what they call “Center’s of Excellence”, luckily they have 3 in the Denver area.  I decided to look into “The Denver center for Bariatric Surgery” at Rose Medical Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment